Re: perl DBI question: fetchrow_array

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:54:19 -0800

  1. fetchrow_arrayref is faster than fetchrow_array, as Alex has noted.
  2. I see you've already set RowCacheSize. Anecdotal evidence ( not just mine) suggests that the diminished returns obtained by setting this >100 aren't worth it.
  3. try selectall_arrayref if you're data is not really large. 'really large' depends on your environment.
  4. join DBI users list, found at lists.perl.org.

Jared

Alex <axs_at_m-net.arbornet.org>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 03/06/2003 01:34 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: perl DBI question: fetchrow_array

try using fetchrow_arrayref and see if its faster or less resource intensive.

Author: Alex
  INET: axs_at_m-net.arbornet.org

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com