Re: Apache and mod_plsql

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 02:09:03 -0800

I'm not sure about much regarding Oracle's license terms right now, but I have been told (while working in Oracle) that the Apache server that was built into 8.1.6 was purely there because OEM needed it (Morten - is that correct?) and that you were not allowed to use it instead of iAS. However, I cannot possibly see how anyone could come after you for using a feature in the database when no dire warnings have been issued as far as I know. So go for it.

Oracle - according to rumours we heard last Monday - would ax around 30% of the US sales/consulting organisation. Well, they certainly fired a lot of people Friday, but I don't know how many.

There will, by the way, be other events like that in other countries in this quarter. Perhaps even in the UK, where they recently removed 25% of Consulting in one day. Certainly in Denmark.

Mogens

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_miracleas.dk