Re: Fine Grained Access Control (FGCA)

From: Madhavan Amruthur <mad5698_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:31:04 -0800

Hi Murali,
We have FGAC working on any number of tables and the policy is applied by a single function and the text generated is picked up from a table and we have it working without any problems.
If you can post details of what you are trying to do we can try and identify why the policy is not being applied to the second table or the reason for the 0 rows.

We have a function that generates the text that will be applied as the where clause depending on the object being accessed. When the policy is applied it invokes this function and then applies the predicate based on the text returned from the function

Please let me know if you need more detailed information

Thanks
Madhavan
http://www.dpapps.com
On Wed, 05 Mar 2003 07:05:37 -0800, "Murali Menon" <mjgnmenon_at_yahoo.com> said:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I am trying to setup FGCA for our customers on their reporting system. I
> have got this working for a single table, however, when a policy needs to
> be added for multiple tables. It fails returning no rows from the second
> table.
>
> Oracle documentation is not very helpful this arena. Can anyone provide
> any pointers to white papers or documents on this subject.
>
> Thanks
>
> Menon

Madhavan Amruthur
DecisionPoint Applications