ora 12516 ???

From: Janet Linsy <janetlinsy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 14:01:40 -0800

Hi,

My database 9.2.0 is on Linux Red Hat, and I use SQL plus 815 client to connect to it. It works fine since I've used them (that's 3 weeks), and today I got ora 12516 while using sqlplus to connect to the database.

cprsrv15 [oracle]: oerr ora 12516
12516, 00000, "TNS:listener could not find available handler with matching protocol stack"

If I log into Linux, and try to connect to the db there, the connection is fine. Any idea? Also how to find out Linux version?

Thank you in advance!

Janet

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Author: Janet Linsy
  INET: janetlinsy_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 16:01:40 CST