Re:RE: How Reliable is Explain Plan in 9.2

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 10:39:17 -0800

Ethan,

    Seeing as your friend is running Precise & I have heard similar pronouncements from them about the "accurracy" of explain plan for several versions of Oracle I'm not suprised. True, they make a very nice product, but them again explain plan is something they do themselves. Yup, sounds like a sales droid got to him.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Jamadagni; Rajendra" <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date:       3/5/2003 9:59 AM

Ethan,

I am *shocked* we are running RAC 9202 ... I haven't seen anomalies ... does your friend have any example?

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at espn dot com
Any views expressed here are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !!