RE: RMAN resync of catalog to controlfile

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 08:05:21 -0800

Joe - I'm confused. If you rebuild the controlfile, what good is the backup information stored in the catalog? Other than maybe deciding to revert to a time before the rebuild, and you're going to need the catalog for that anyway.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Joseph S Testa
  INET: jtesta_at_dmc-it.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Mar 05 2003 - 10:05:21 CST