RE: ORA-00018: maximum number of sessions exceeded

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 07:36:36 -0800

You can use LICENSE_MAX_SESSIONS to associate with your license, although I don't know why you would want to do it if your database is "in-house"
[if you are an ASP you might want to restrict the number of sessions running against the database on *your* server].

SESSIONS has nothing to do with License. It is best left at its default [ie NOT defined in the init<SID>.ora] whereby it becomes PROCESSES*1.1 Else, if you really do have multiple sessions, you could set it higher.

Hemant

Hemant K Chitale
My personal web site is : http://hkchital.tripod.com

Author: Hemant K Chitale