Re: Re: DB_BLOCK_SIZE and Solaris block size

From: Darrell Landrum <DLANDRUM_at_zalecorp.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 09:49:56 -0800

Thanks! ( I was basing my initial feedback based on the default reporting of a number of tools to show 512 byte increments. )

>>> chao_ping_at_vip.163.com 03/04/03 09:09AM >>>
Darrell Landrum,

                Hi, for Ufs and VXFS, It should be 8k in most case. Use df -g, fstyp to verify the blocksize. Also from the man newfs:

               -b bsize  The logical block size of the file  sys-
                         tem  in bytes (either 4096 or 8192). The
                         default is 8192. The sun4u  architecture
                         does not support the 4096 block size.

               -f fragsize
                         The smallest amount  of  disk  space  in
                         bytes  to allocate to a file. The values
                         must be a power of two selected from the
                         range  512 to the logical block size. If
                         logical block size is 4096, legal values
                         are 512, 1024, 2048 and 4096; if logical
                         block size is 8192, 8192 is also a legal
                         value. The default is 1024.

Regards
zhu chao
msn:chao_ping_at_163.com