RE: Oracle Magazine excels itself

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:59:33 -0800

LOL. This is actually the definition of a "marketing white paper," isn't it? It's a technical document rubbed in marketing stink. I suppose the end result is that technical people won't read it because it smells like marketing. The people who are normally susceptible to marketing *can't* read it because they don't understand all the words.

The only net change to the world is that the author spends more time writing instead of hurting someone's system (which is good for the world, kind of like drinking caffeinated soft drinks is good for your health because it prevents you from shooting heroin for the duration you're putting the glass to your mouth). And the world perceives the author as an expert (which is good for the author). I think this is what's known in Business as a "win-win".

:)=)

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events:
- RMOUG Training Days 2003, Mar 5-6 Denver - Hotsos Clinic 101, Mar 25-27 London

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com

Author: Cary Millsap
  INET: cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com