RE: Sharing data between sessions

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:59:14 -0800

In Oracle all data is session specific ... even package data ... sessions share the package code.

  1. Use a small table to share the data. or
  2. Use dbms_pipe to receive request and send out data ... this will act as a pseudo package header for all sessions.

These are the easiest ways ... of course I could just implement the dbms_pipe interface using dbms_alert as well to make it transactional.

Raj

Rajendra dot Jamadagni at espn dot com
Any views expressed here are strictly personal. QOTD: Any clod can have facts, having an opinion is an art !!

Author: Chuck Hamilton
  INET: chuckh_at_softhome.net

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra
  INET: Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com