RE: 9i Database Best Practices by Guy Harrison

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 11:01:36 -0800

Just listened in:

Spawned some questions in my mind would like to know:

-How do you independently verify AIO being used on OS? Is Direct I/O
preferred to AIO?
-If stuck with large disks and multiple heads and Veritas VM - is it still
worth not using SAME but to try to segment certain segments (like REDO) for better I/O
-Any experience with pga_aggregate_target - seems like some memory
issues/leaks?
-What about the new 9i advisories:

v$sql_plan_statistics
v$db_cache_advice
v$shared_pool_advice
v$pga_target_advice

how useful?/reliable?

  INET: Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Mar 03 2003 - 13:01:36 CST