bulk load of data

From: John Dunn <john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 02:44:44 -0800

Age old question I guess, but looking for the up to date answer.

We have requirement to process up to 500,000 records of data currently held in
a text file.

Currently we process these through external C procedures and only totals are

loaded into the database, Now we have a functional requirement which probably
means we need to load all the records into a database table.

Is sqlloader still the quickest option?

What other options are there? We know that utl_file is too slow. External tables?

Platform is 8.1.7 on AIX moving soon to 9i release 2

If there any up to date documents or discussion threads you can point me at please do so.

John

Author: John Dunn
  INET: john.dunn_at_sefas.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Sat Mar 01 2003 - 04:44:44 CST