Re: NLS_COMP=ANSI and NLS_SORT=GENERIC_BASELETTER

From: Bjørn Engsig <bjorn_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 02:29:57 -0800

Joshua,

Your session needs to have various NLS_ parameters set, which can be done for the entire database (which is probably not what you want) in your init.ora file, or the individual session can do it using 'alter session' commands. If you cannot modify the application to execute alter session, you can use logon triggers to do the same, but again, these are per database user, and may hence have effect on too many sessions if you only need it for a few sessions.

BTW, sorting has nothing to do with character sets, sorting has to do with locales and is independent of character set.

/Bjørn.

--
Bjørn Engsig, Miracle A/S
Member of Oak Table Network <http://www.oaktable.net>