Re: 32 bit and 64 bit memory

From: Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:23:11 -0800

Hey, I just remembered that Oracle on Linux runs as multiple processes , unlike Oracle on Windows which runs as one big process. Does this mean each Oracle process on Linux can access 3GB of memory? So that in the end the whole of Oracle can actually use greater than 3GB of memory?

--
Lyndon Tiu

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Lyndon Tiu INET: ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).