RE: How to start with Oracle Financial?

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:49:06 -0800

Alex - What are you thinking about learning? Any ERP package like Oracle Financials is breathtaking in its scope. Unless you understand what it is used for, I think the effort would be rather futile and you would need to be an accountant to do that. You might almost be better off getting a really simple accounting program and using it for awhile first.

   As an Oracle DBA, your first interest may be to understand how Oracle Financials interfaces with the Oracle database. What sort of objects does it create in the database, how to you tune it, etc. Perhaps someone on the list that is a DBA supporting Oracle Financials could provide you some tips on how to get your learning started in that area. The answer may be that you need to begin by installing Oracle Financials, but a reply from such a person might save you from spending time on a futile exercise.

   LIST: Any tips?

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Alex Andriyashchenko
  INET: Oleksandr_A_at_yahoo.co.uk

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 10:49:06 CST