RE: Upgrade to AIX 5.2

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:58:58 -0800

Our Current Environment: 64-bit AIX 4.3.3 running 32-bit 8.1.7.4 and 64-bit 9i.

Here is what we are thinking of testing... (a very high level task list, there will be App testing in all these steps).

 First, upgrade databases to 64-bit 9i
 Second, upgrade AIX to 5L, install 64-bit 9i for 5L  Third, upgrade databases to 9i for 5L.

We will not use export/import in this process.

We may start this project in Q3 of this year. I will have more info then.

I anyone gets this upgrade/migrate done before then, I would appreciate your comments and advise.

Thanks,

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com