corrupted block -- REALLY solved this time!

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:19:12 -0800

I think it was Ian MacGregor who posted on this thread that he had a case where they had mapped two filesystems to the same drive, and gee, it caused problems.

Here's the post-mortem from one of our senior internal people. Names changed to protect the guilty:

"Good news we have gotten to the bottom of the DB corruption issue, and ..... is now working to fix it. In a nut shell, ..... while expanding the XYZ volume group to increase your storage needs made a typo and provided it with a disk from the volume group where the Data Base resides. This is causing the two volumes groups to write over each other, thus the corruption."

so it's fixed. I am now sitting here, banging my head against the wall, wondering why it took getting our senior person involved (he was away at another site) before they fixed it. How come it took a WEEK????

I'm glad it's Friday. I'm even happier that I'll be leaving for RMOUG Monday night. Now if it just doesn't snow before then......

Rachel

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 28 2003 - 08:19:12 CST