RE: Perl Modules

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:29:34 -0800

Platform?

Perl version?

You may want to consider joinging the DBI Users list.

It can be found at lists.perl.org

Jared

sstefick <sstefick_at_harper.cc.il.us>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 02/26/2003 09:48 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Perl Modules

Thanks for the info!

I found DBD::Oracle on cpan.org, but when I downloaded it and unzipped it, it
gave me .c and .h files. I read in the install guide that if it came down

with that, I had to compile it on my own with a C compiler. I don't have a C
compiler on my machine. I also tried to look for it with "ppm" and I could
not find it. Do you know where else I can get it?

BTW, I did get the GD stuff and the DBI::Chart.

Thanks,
Scott

>===== Original Message From ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com =====
>Required:
>
>DBI
>DBD::Oracle
>

>After that, check out http://search.cpan.org/modlist/Database_Interfaces
>and see what strikes your fancy.
>
>I've recently installed DBI::Chart along with GD and other supporting
>modules to create charts from YappPack data derived from statspack
>data. Very nice to have response time charts automagically created
>every morning for the previous day.
>
>Jared
>

>sstefick <sstefick_at_harper.cc.il.us>
>Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
> 02/25/2003 08:39 PM
> Please respond to ORACLE-L
>

> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L
<ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> cc:
> Subject: Perl Modules
>

>I've done some basic Perl programming for UNIX Sys admin kinda tasks, but
>now
>I'm looking to get more into the DB functionality of it. I was wondering
>if
>anyone could give me a list of Perl Modules I should have for effective
DB

Author: sstefick