RE: Oracle version??

From: Rajesh Dayal <Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:58:44 -0800

Hi Chip,

I am talking of log directory(N:\Oracle\Inventory\logs and not N:\Oracle\Inventory\components), where every Installer action is logged and not . This doesn't matter whether your Oracle.exe is replaced or not. All of your OUI actions will be logged with all the relevant information and typically the file names are of following format.

installActions2003-01-21_12-01-02PM.log

So if you put little extra effort digging these files (depending on size, timestamp etc.) you can find out what is last activity you performed on what ORACLE_HOME and so the precise patch level is also available there...

And that YP-ZP ................I mean XP, I would really hate to see a
Oracle Database on that ;-)...

Cheers,
Rajesh

Author: Chip