Re: Set Email alert at NT

From: <Brian_P_MacLean_at_eFunds.Com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:29:27 -0800

Hmmmm

grep
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/wolman/nt-tools/gnugrep.zip

wc                http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/wolman/nt-tools/wc.exe
cat
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/wolman/nt-tools/cat.exe mailx (use Blat) http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/blat.html

You may also want to use the tail command to get past previously reported errors

tail
http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/wolman/nt-tools/tail.exe

Then do the .bat scripting. Not that tough really

                      Peter.McLarty_at_min
                      com.com                  To:       Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      root_at_fatcity.com         Subject:  Re: Set Email alert at NT

                      02/25/03 07:19 AM
                      Please respond to
                      ORACLE-L

Do a rewrite in Perl to run it on Windows. There is am smtp module for Perl that will allow you to inject an message straight to a mail server.

You could then use that both on Unix and windows

Cheers

--

Peter McLarty               E-mail: Peter.Mclarty_at_mincom.com
Technical Consultant        WWW: http://www.mincom.com

Mitchell <mitchell.lee_at_rogers.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
22-02-2003 05:59 AM
Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Set Email alert at NT

 Hi

The following sh is one I used for monitoring all 20 instances on unix boxes(aix and sun). So I could receive the ora message by palm. Now there are 2 nt box with Oracle 8.17 installed. I have no idea how to do it in windows. Any idea?

This is my ksh and run as cron job every 30 min.

if [$(cat $ORACLE_HOME/admin/$ORACLE_SID/bdump/alert_${ORACLE_SID}.log | grep 'ORA' | wc -l) -gt 0 ];
then
  cat $ORACLE_HOME/admin/$ORACLE_SID/bdump/alert_${ORACLE_SID}.log | grep 'ORA' > $HOME/alert_me
  mailx -s " Warning: ${ORACLE_SID} Oracle Alert: ORA_error !!!" mlee_at_internet.cgocable.net < $HOME/alert_me fi

Thanks in advance.

Mitchell

  INET: Brian_P_MacLean_at_eFunds.Com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Feb 26 2003 - 15:29:27 CST