Re: U2 Databases

From: Glenn Stauffer <stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:54:24 -0800

The U2 databases were alsways known to me as PICK databases since that is their origin. I worked with a higher ed administrative system called AIMS that was ported from a PICK system to Universe. AIMS is no longer being sold, but a company called Datatel sells software for higher ed institutions that runs on a 'U2' database. I also worked with a PC-based PICK database running on a database product called 'Revelation' that my employer, a defense contractor, used for their CSCS reporting system. That was back when Paradox and dBase were the big PC database engines; this company was starting to move their PC apps to Paradox when I left.

Glenn Stauffer

Author: Glenn Stauffer
  INET: stauffer_at_swarthmore.edu