Re: Perl Modules

From: Markus Reger <reger_at_mdw.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 01:49:36 -0800

I'd say start with DBI and the DBD for ORACLE. to be found at CPAN.Thread trough, but its easy. Look out for matching versions. Some have prerequisites.Then check the manpages coming with these things. man DBD, man DBI,...

hope it as useful - used to get them this way before I started using the ORACLE procs.

btw: php4 works nice as well with ORACLE and has very,very similat procedures(names).not to mention C.

have a lot of fun.

Apologies for any typing mistakes I failed to notice.

Markus Reger

Oracle Applications DBA
Webmaster
MBC University for Music and Performing Art
Vienna
>>> sstefick_at_harper.cc.il.us 02/26/03 06:13 AM >>>
I've done some basic Perl programming for UNIX Sys admin kinda tasks, but now I'm looking to get more into the DB functionality of it. I was wondering if anyone could give me a list of Perl Modules I should have for effective DB programming in Perl.

Jared, I know this is definitely your area....

Thanks,
Scott

Author: sstefick
  INET: sstefick_at_harper.cc.il.us