Re: Materialized views not refreshing

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 16:13:41 -0800

Thanks for pointing it out, but I did remember to set it back.

Jared

"Zale Dba" <zaledba_at_hotmail.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 02/25/2003 12:39 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Materialized views not refreshing

Jared,

I know this may sound stupid, but when you upgrade you change job_queue_processes to zero. Did you reset your init parameter back after

the upgrade? I have seen that cause this problem before.

Hope it is this simple.

Later

Charles Hart

>From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
>To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
>Subject: Re: Materialized views not refreshing
>Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 11:39:09 -0800
>

>No, they were not being purged.
>
>On Tuesday 25 February 2003 05:59, Thomas Day wrote:
> > We had the problem where the M$LOG was not being purged after the
> > materialized view was updated. That doesn't seem to be your problem
> > though.
> >

> > Jared Still
> > <jkstill To: Multiple
>recipients
> > of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> @cybcon.com> cc:
> > Sent by: root Subject: Re:
Materialized
> > views not refreshing
> >

> > 02/25/2003 06:49
> > AM
> > Please respond
> > to ORACLE-L
> >

> > No errors, no trace files. Refreshing via refresh group or
> > directly via the snapshot both failed to update the MV.
> >
> > They've since been recreated and are working at the moment.
> >
> > I'll slap a big ole note on my forehead that says 'run a trace on
> > them stupid!' so I will remember to do so if these start failing
again.

> > Off to bed for me.
> >
> > Jared

> > > Jared,
> > >
> > > What about the refresh jobs ? Does DBA_JOBS show failures ? If so,

>can
> > > you wrap the dbms_refresh call into something to catch the error ?
(if

Author: Zale Dba
  INET: zaledba_at_hotmail.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com