Re: delete archivelog... backed up 1 times to tape

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:59:22 -0800

The archivelogs have to have been backed up by rman for rman to delete them. Thisscript is the one we use.

  execute script alloc_name1_disk;
  backup
    format '/dbback/al_%sdbname_%p'
    (archivelog all
     delete input);
  execute script rel_pa1_disk;
}

HTH,
Ruth

  I am trying to use the DELETE ARCHIVELOG command that is available in   version 9.2.0.1. The complete syntax I wish to use is this command:

         RMAN> delete archivelog until time 'trunc(sysdate)-2' backed up 1   times to tape;

  I have tried this as part of a backup script and as a standalone command   after allocating a maintenance channel, but it doesn't work. Furthermore,   this command DOES NOT return records:

         RMAN> list archivelog all backed up 1 times to tape;

  But this command DOES return records:

        RMAN> list archivelog all backed up 0 times to tape;

  I know I have backups of archivelogs on tape because they are reported when   I issue this command:

        RMAN> list backup of archivelog from time 'sysdate-3' device type sbt;

  Does anyone know what is going on here?

  Thanks,

  Ed

   RDBMS Version: 9.2.0.1
   OS: Sun Solaris 8
   Product: RMAN (9.2.0.1)

  Author: Ed Bittel
    INET: grep_oracle_at_hotmail.com
  To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message   to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in   the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may   also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us