RE: alertlog naming

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:04:23 -0800

Jack,

I've seen the same result (alert log funny file name) when I rename the file also doing oracle log maintenace. I'm guessing the same thing you are - that the rename hits at the same time that a write operation is happening. a subsequent rename works fine.

For you second problem, I would leave the database in it's stuck state, connect internal and run the "wait state" queries to see what's going on. these queries are the ones outlined in the Oracle Performance Tuning 101 book written by our friends Kirti, Gaja and John. It will quickly tell you what is happening in your database - it sounds like maybe an init.ora param needs to be adjusted (just a Wild Assed Guess).

If you don't have the book - buy it.

Good Luck!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Jack van Zanen
  INET: JACK_at_QUANTSYSTEMS.NL

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Feb 25 2003 - 09:04:23 CST