Re: OFF TOPIC: Jedis, etc - was Top 10....

From: <Dale_at_DataBee.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 03:19:30 -0800

> Not true. This isn't a list for urban myths - if you're going to go
> off-topic, you could at least do it accurately. :-)
> http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=293

It would seem you have the definitive source.

However, I wasn't just repeating something I heard down the pub. I was actually quoting direct from the most recent issue of "The Week" a serious UK weekly news magazine. A google search seems to show that many others have also been hoodwinked

http://www.channel4.com/news/2003/02/week_2/13census.html http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_750289.html

Sigh, quality journalism that. I guess I should have dug a bit further before repeating it. Oh bother, I'm still off-topic, sorrrry...

-Dale

  INET: Dale_at_DataBee.com