Re: newbie sqlplus ?

From: Chip <ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:33:49 -0800

  Reading "The OFA standard: Oracle for Open Systems" could be helpful: http://www.hotsos.com/catalog/

An OFA compliant setup looks a bit different: $ORACLE_BASE=/db/oracle
$ORACLE_HOME=/db/oracle/product/8.1.7

The Admin directories could be:

/db/oracle/admin/817db1
/db/oracle/admin/817db2
/db/oracle/admin/817db3

Each admin/817db# directory should have these sub-directories: adhoc
adump
bdump
cdump
create
exp
logbook
pfile
udump

The database file directories could be:

/db/oradata/817db1
/db/oradata/817db2
/db/oradata/817db3

If more mount points are available, then /db could be replaced by other mount points for database files.

Have Fun :)

Author: Chip
  INET: ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net