Re: How long to hold onto old Oracle CDs?

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:48:50 -0800

On the local level (eg Denmark) they might have a CD or they might not. There won't be a centralised, systematic archiving effort. Frankly, when I was in Support, I would sometimes contact a customer that I knew had a certain (old) version and have them ship a copy or lend it to me, so that I could help another customer.

I'm not sure there's a central archive at HQ either. I've never heard about it, which doesn't say much, but I know for a fact about certain versions on certain platforms that couldn't even be located in Development during their supported cycle - but that's the odd exception, of course. I'd be very surprised if Oracle has a registered copy of version 5 in an archive, although there might still be some sensitive and confidential installations around with that version running.

Mogens

Author: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mogens_N=F8rgaard?=
  INET: mln_at_miracleas.dk