Re: question on v$database.DBID

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:38:11 -0800

Nope. Not even an OPEN RESETLOGS or CREATE CONTROLFILE changes the DBID...

There is a packaged procedure DBMS_BACKUP_RESTORE.ZERODBID that is discussed in numerous forums and notes in MetaLink, but a good starting point would be MetaLink note #174625.1 ("RMAN: Incomplete Duplication and It's Consequences"). There is also an excellent posting in MetaLink forum #228668.995 by a gentleman named Rich Bernat of ChevronTexaco on 22-Aug 2002, down around the middle of that forum which describes exactly the steps you are interested in...

  Hi Everyone

  Unfortunately, I don't have the time to test this out, so hopefully someone here has gone through this, and can give me a simple yes/no answer.

  If I completely restore a database (DB crashed, think DR situation) and bring it up on another node, does the DBID in v$database change ?   If I recreate the control file, will DBID change ?

  Thanks. Regards :

  Ferenc Mantfeld
  Dreaming costs you nothing. Not dreaming costs you everything.

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Feb 24 2003 - 16:38:11 CST