Re: newbie sqlplus ?

From: Les Ayudo <info_at_lesayudo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:10:28 -0800

RE: newbie sqlplus ?Well, since I already went through the deinstall option and also deleted the $oracle_home, is there something else I can do? I'm trying to reinstall the db but i'm getting a prompt asking me if I want to upgrade or migrate the old db at /db/oracle/... (strange since i had deleted that folder). Can i just ignore this option and proceed w/ the install w/o the install going haywire? Can I still delete the old db w/ dbassist after the install?

  Launch $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbassist and delete any database you have created.

  Then launch the installer from your oracle cd and select deinstall option to deinstall the software.

  chris
  Author: Les Ayudo
    INET: info_at_lesayudo.com

  To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message   to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in   the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may   also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Les Ayudo
  INET: info_at_lesayudo.com