RE: corrupted block

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:34:53 -0800

Suzy,
 I think it is memory related. May be un-caught memory leak or similar.. Did you get any ORA-600 errors?  The trace file reports 'Entire contents of block is zero - block never written'. DBWR, at some point would have crashed the database if it attempted writing to the corrupted block. Not sure if and when that may have happened, but I would guess that this block does not contain any rows.

 Can you read the entire table via one of its indexes? If it is successful, you can safely pull data off to another table.

Author: Suzy Vordos
  INET: lvordos_at_qwest.com

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com