RE: Teradata baned from IOUG???

From: Bowes, Chris <Chris.Bowes_at_kosa.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:30:26 -0800

Jonathan,

     This is the forum for critical analysis. No question about it. Someone publishes stuff here and there are tons of people like Rachel, yourself and Robert who will disagree and say why. I have heard several critiques of books, training classes, papers and seminars on this list, and look at the discussion the top 10 do and don't list is receiving. I don't think anyone has a problem with open honest discussion so long as claims are backed up and you're not calling the person names (which I know you weren't). And even if someone did go to name calling, Jared will take care of them. He's pretty good about that. No one should think that they should not be allowed to disagree with anything said on this forum, so long as they have the stat/proof/test/etc to back it up. So if you (or anyone else) have a problem with Rich's work and can prove it is incorrect and/or dangerous, then say so and put out your reasons. You may save someone from a mistake that will cost them. Let those who agree with Rich respond with their say and hash it out, here on the list. That is, in it's essence, what this list is about.

--Chris

Author: Jonathan Lewis
  INET: jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Author: Bowes, Chris