RE: Top 10 DBA Do's and Don'ts anyone - Here is my list,

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 05:04:05 -0800

You brought to mind another one... DON'T assume that changes in one environment will have the same impact across all environments so DO test the impact of any change in all environments that you can, before implementing it in production. We had a change go in to the dev environment that fixed the performance problem there. Unfortunately, it made performance fall through the floor in test, which was closer to the production environment in data volume. Fortunately it was caught before it went into production.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, more http://taxes.yahoo.com/
Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com