Re: sqlplus connect errors 1034/27101/svr4...

From: Darrell Landrum <dlandrum_at_zalecorp.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:23:42 -0800

I've seen this error before a long time ago and can't remember exactly what I did (should start keeping a database, no pun intended). Have you been able to start this database at all ( can you start / stop it using svrmgrl )? If not, are there other databases running on this system (probably not on a sparc10)?. If so, try shutting one down and then try starting this one. If that works it is almost certain to be a kernel parameter too low for the oracle settings ( or too little memory ). Also, because of the last line of the error, is it possible the install of the oracle software wasn't clean. I'd try running it again to make sure everything was linked ok. I think there is way to simply relink, but I'm not sure what that is off the top of my head. A metalink search or a web search may point you to that. Hope something in this heap of guessing helps.

>>> info_at_lesayudo.com 02/23/03 08:08AM >>>
Looked over some websites and still couldn't figure out why I was getting these errors. I made sure my variables were set and still could not connect. Any ideas?

I'm running oracle 8.1.7 on solaris 9 (USparc10). Let me know if you need more info.

error 1034: Oracle not avail.
error 27101: shared memory realm does not exit svr4 error :2: No such file of directory

Author: Les Ayudo
  INET: info_at_lesayudo.com

Author: Darrell Landrum
  INET: dlandrum_at_zalecorp.com