Re: general recovery scenarios

From: Chip <ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 23:13:36 -0800

The "Oracle Backup & Recovery 101" book by Kenny Smith & Stephan Haisley is worthwhile
(RMAN 9i syntax is an appendix). In contrast, Robert Freeman placed RMAN 8i syntax into
an appendix. Robert's RMAN 9i book is the only one that includes examples with 4 different
Media Management Layers (Veritas NetBackup, Legato Networker Module, Tivoli Storage
Manager, and HP Omniback II v4.0) for backup and recovery using tape.

Also, Regis University offers an online course, MSCD 642 Database Backup and Recovery,
that includes several practice scenarios (using Oracle at home or an online Citrix Server).
http://www.regis.edu/regis.asp?sctn=apg&p1=gp&p2=mscit&p3=cd

Have Fun :)

Author: Chip
  INET: ocp-dba_at_earthlink.net