RE: RMAN gui...in OEM 9.x i

From: Spears, Brian <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:23:38 -0800

He he.. :) I guess my main point is that I rather peel down the Layers of dependencies for my backup/recovery to work. I rather spend a little more time in preparation and understanding to ensure my backup and recovery were dependable rather than save a little time in setup. I like a dependable gui tool for productivity but always know and Understand the underlying theory and commands as well. I don't think I would ever like to depend on the gui backup and recovery tool or any Black box tool for that matter as a single source of recovery. I have Really enjoyed digging into rman nuts and bolts... In non-standard scenarios you can so easily make a recovery situation worse with lack of understanding. Its all like Insurance...not important till you need it.

Cheers,
Brian Spears

Author: John Sheraton
  INET: robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com