Re: Urgent - Help ....

From: Don Granaman <granaman_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 19:53:55 -0800

(Since this is "urgent", I'm probably a few days late.) But for future reference...

I assume that "no change in the software" means no changing variables and such that can currently handle only a 9 digit number...

Can your application can handle negative numbers? Is this really a surrogate key?

If so you are in luck! Drop and recreate the sequence with:

    create sequence MY_SEQ increment by -1 start with 0 ... (Add whatever else is appropriate - cache 100, etc.)

Don Granaman
OraSaurus

Author: Don Granaman
  INET: granaman_at_cox.net