storing credit card numbers in a database

From: Chris Stephens <ChrisStephens_at_affina.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:05:30 -0800

I've been asked to find out a way to encrypt credit card numbers and store that encrypted string in the database. ...any oracle functions or functionality to do this? ....or would we have to encrypt the numbers in the application and then pass that string to the database?

We don't want anyone to be able to get to the numbers even if they have access to the table in which it is stored.

Thanks for any input
chris

Author: Chris Stephens
  INET: ChrisStephens_at_affina.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 13:05:30 CST