RE: Oh Where Oh Where Is My Redo Coming From

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:29:02 -0800

Yes, that is what I was saying, however large rows or tables with a lot of indexes would also be prone to generate more redo, that is why I suggest joining DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS to DBA_TABLES to get avg_row_len and DBA_IND_COLUMNS to get the total # of columns indexes on the table, the thought being the more columns the more likley updates, inserts and deletes will cause index generated redo. See my other post for the solution (SQL) I came up with.

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 12:29:02 CST