RE: Oracle 9i hanging when linking during install !!!

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_midf.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:19:23 -0800

It is likely that you will have to rebuild your kernel. If you start sam as root and go to kernel confiuration -> configurable parameters you will find parameters named maxssiz and maxssiz_64bit. Adjust them to allow the stack enough space to perform your link. Note that you will only need to adjust one of them depending on whether you are 32 or 64 bit. We are on HP-UX 11i and maxssiz is set to about 8M. Caveat: We have not installed 9i on this box. On another 11i box where 9i has been installed (not by me) I find maxssize set to about 134M and maxssiz_64Bit set to about 1G. Hope this helps.

Allan

Author: Jackson Dumas
  INET: tjaros_at_webmail.co.za

command for other information (like subscribing).

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.  This email may have been monitored for policy compliance.  [021216]

Author: Nelson, Allan
  INET: anelson_at_midf.com