RE: Snapshot Too Old Error on Export !!!

From: Nelson, Allan <anelson_at_midf.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:09:27 -0800

You might try running hot backups at the OS level instead. It sounds like your export is just taking too long. To get it to work with active users on board you might have to increase your rollback segments to truly ridiculous levels especially if you have large batches running while the export is running. To really understand the issue go to http://www.ixora.com.au and look at Steve Adams' material on snapshot too old.

Allan

Author: Jackson Dumas
  INET: tjaros_at_webmail.co.za

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Copying, forwarding or distributing this message by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer. This email may have been monitored for policy compliance. [021216]

Author: Nelson, Allan
  INET: anelson_at_midf.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 09:09:27 CST