Testing database links

From: Charu Joshi <joshic_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:03:45 -0800

Dear Listers,

Oracle 8i HP-UX11.

We have a database link with a remote database which is accessed from the application code. In the application code, a call is made to the 'dbms_session.close_database_link' procedure (that is what they claim!!).

We want to track the call to the database link and the subsequent closure. We don't have any access to the remote system to check the remote session being created and closed.

Is there any way (dynamic performance view etc.) which would show the database link being in use and closed again on the local database itself?

Thanks & regards,
Charu

Author: Charu Joshi
  INET: joshic_at_mahindrabt.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Feb 21 2003 - 07:03:45 CST