Re: RMAN gui...in OEM 9.x i

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:34:34 -0800

I will echo Joe's sentiments on knowing the command line.

It has the added benefits of not doing things you were unaware of after pushing the 'go' button, as the much better understanding of RMAN you will attain by learning to do it from the keyboard.

Jared

"Spears, Brian" <BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 02/20/2003 01:56 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RMAN gui...in OEM 9.x i

 I am working with scripting RMAN at the machine level and it runs Rman nicely...

and DEPENDABLY!!!

I hear some people touting that all you need is 9i gui...and you can do

all the RMAN stuff you need... Anybody have any knowledge in this area?

As big time backup dude...I tread very carefully on these gui tools..

I can just here the VP...why can you restore the DB...Umm.. I push the

button ...and nothing is happening..sorry sir!

I'm open so let me have it. :)

Brian Spears

Author: Sesi Odury
  INET: SesiO_at_netinfotech.com

Author: Spears, Brian
  INET: BSpears_at_Limitedbrands.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 18:34:34 CST