RE: direct path read waits

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:45:30 -0800

Babu,
You:
> All the tablespaces are on different disks - Sorry I should
> have mentioned
> this in the original post itself...

Me:
> Your answer was buried in the question itself. If the TEMP
> tablespace had to contend with Tablespace C on the same 'disk' then such a
result is
> expected.

Note that I enclosed the 'disk' above within quotes. Different filesystems and mount points does not necessarily mean much in these days where a single storage array may be shared among multiple servers. As long as you are not using JBODs, i.e. you are on a SAN/NAS, there is no physical guarantee that the disks are where they purport to be. Can your SA verify that these 'disks' are actually different? A 'sar -d' during that period may reveal some interesting results.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

Disappointment is inevitable, but Discouragement is optional!

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 15:45:30 CST