RE: direct path read waits

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:19:04 -0800

Babu - Okay, so you have at least 4 devices? Temp, A, B, C? Be careful because different mount points may actually be on the same device. The next thing I would consider is whether some of the devices have different characteristics, like cache, RAID vs. non-RAID, faster disks, etc. Then you can check to see whether multiple extents are being used, so the disk head has to move more. Make sure there isn't any contention from other users or processes. The answer is bound to be there somewhere.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP, 100% DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com