Re: Oracle Tech Support

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 13:02:21 -0800

I've personally found that to be the most effective method for solving those 'unsolvable' errors.

Jared ;)

PS. My bit bucket is never full.

Charlie_Mengler_at_HomeDepot.com
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 02/20/2003 12:26 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Oracle Tech Support

Today I opened yet another iTar on the VERY buggy 9iAS R2 Reports Server.

Below is a CLASSIC response to my report of errors being generated.

"There is a Unix generic solution that you can try . Use the command like this :

  + rwclient.sh userid=mwh/*******@prod authid=orcladmin/****** desformat=postscript
  server=repcosmora001 report=edi810ii destype=PRINTER desname=cohpfin013   print_apunprinted=Y mode=default > /dev/null

  This would not display the error message on the terminal.   Can you try this workaround and let me know whether this is okay?"

So, the next time anybody gets an error message from Oracle simply wrap a blindfold over your eyes, send the message into the bit bucket, & go merrily on your way.

Error? What error?

UNBELIEVABLE!

  INET: Charlie_Mengler_at_HomeDepot.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Feb 20 2003 - 15:02:21 CST