RE: Change data in directory "oraInventory"

From: MARREIROS,RUI (HP-Portugal,ex1) <rui.marreiros_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:48:55 -0800

I guess the problem is that you want the new ORacle_home , and not the instance name to be recg. as far as I know Orainventory doesn't check for intance names , just oracle_homes ( which is what matters regarding instalations - one instalation several instances, etc. It's very hard to cheat Orainventory, but you can play with all the xml files under Orainventory , I will not advise at all. One thing that you can do is to change the file under /var/opt/oracle ( in HP-UX, look for something equiv on AIX)that points to the Orainventory location but perhaps that will not be enough, anyways I wish you good luck.
rgds

Author: Boyle Candi
  INET: candi.boyle_at_siemens.com

Author: MARREIROS,RUI (HP-Portugal,ex1)