Re: lsnrctl status

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 05:43:46 -0800

My mistake. I got you confused with someone who was having a Windoze problem. However, your error messages are indicative of an environment problem. Usually that's an ORACLE_HOME issue. Check your listener.ora file and see how the ORACLE_HOME is set under the SID descriptions.

The ORACLE_HOME_SELECTOR is a little utility (from Oracle) that sets the Windoze registry (roughly equivalent to the Unix environmental variables) and allows you to change from one Oracle home to another. It has nothing to do with your problem.

                      Scott Stefick
                      <sstefick                To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      @harpercollege.e         cc:
                      du>                      Subject: Re: lsnrctl status
                      Sent by: root

                      02/19/2003 04:43
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to ORACLE-L

I do set the ORACLE_HOME and export the variable upon login.

What is the "ORACLE_HOME_SELECTOR"?

At 10:44 AM 2/19/03 -0800, you wrote:

>You need to change your ORACLE_HOME for the 8.1.7.4 environment. Look for
>the ORACLE_HOME_SELECTOR. Mine is under ORACLE_INSTALLED_PRODUCTS.

                       Scott

Stefick
                       <sstefick                To:      Multiple
recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>

> @harpercollege.e cc:
> du> Subject: lsnrctl status
> Sent by:
> root