RE: Veritas Agent for Oracle / incremental backups vs. hot backup

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 16:39:16 -0800

Patrice,

The redo writes and redo blocks written (from a Statspack snapshot between two periods when backups would have taken place) _may_ give you an indication, as I believe 'updated' blocks are backed up in an incremental.

John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

I don't know what the future holds for me, but I do know who holds my future!

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com