RE: RAC 9i - renamin files

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:03:26 -0800

Well, "rename file" actually updates the control file, so as long as the control file is accessible to all nodes, all instances should know about it. As for the procedure, you need to mount the database in exclusive mode (only 1 instance, by specifying "PARALLEL_SERVER=FALSE" in the init.ora), rename the file, bring the instance down and start it up in shared mode.

Author: Gogala, Mladen
  INET: MGogala_at_oxhp.com